Disability Awareness Sunday
Putting our voice to god's love
Sunday, April 8, during worship gatherings
Just like you, Disability Ministry participants are learning what it means to move toward Jesus and take others with them. Those with special needs have unique ways of expressing Jesus' love. There’s always great joy when any one connects more deeply with Him. Invite friends and family members to join that celebration of joy together on Disability Awareness Sunday.
Reach out to Disability Ministry Participants
We all desire love, acceptance and sense of belonging. Be intentional as you reach out to Disability Ministry participants.
- Invite someone to sit by you in a worship gathering.
- Reach out and shake someone's hand. Say "hi."
- Be open to learning with and from those with disabilities.
- Step outside your comfort zone.
- Focus on the abilities, not the disabilities.
- Pray about getting involved in Disability Ministry.