Health Ministry seeks to connect the NHC community to each other during life changes and health challenges. We support our church family through:
- Home, hospital and nursing home visits, and/or phone consultations made by a visitation pastor, Faith Community Nurse and/or volunteers, to those who are concerned about health or are ill or recuperating.
- Warm Meal Ministry during a short-term need for those who have been hospitalized or ill and have limited friends/family available to help.
- New mom visits made by nurse team members (upon request).
- Referrals to church-based and community-based resources.
- Monthly blood pressure screenings between worship gatherings and during senior luncheons.
- Spiritual support and education for health concerns.
- Primary Emergency Response Team (PERT) during Sunday worship gatherings and other special events.
NOTE: Health Ministry is not a substitute for pastoral care, medical care, community health nursing, hospice or social agencies. This ministry does not provide physical care, administer medications, draw blood, give injections or do any invasive procedures. We do not charge or accept payments.